english,

Literary: Night Through Morning

1/22/2021 07:08:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





My mother reads to me
One story every night
To set me fast asleep
In dim and muted light

One’s sung in a slow tune
Made up just for my ear
Her sweet voice fills the room
My favorite to hear,

“I’ll love you forever,
I’ll like you for always,
As long as I’m living,
My baby you’ll be.”


I am swayed into dreams
Swaddled in loving arms
I drift away in peace,
Incomparable warmth

My father then wakes me
To his chirps I listen
In his smile my eyes meet
A sun that has risen

I walk around, about
Stood up on tippy-toes
His two arms held out,
Where I go he follows

His laughter rings loudly
We dance to the kitchen
His hand holds mine warmly
My favorite rhythm

Night and morning may seem
Faraway, unalike
One is bathed in moonbeams
One is drenched in sunlight

But there lay more in-betweens
Than can ever be known
Both are good, both can gleam
With the comfort of home.

The third stanza of the poem is an excerpt from the book "Love You Forever" by Robert Munsch.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: