Chanel No. 5,

Literary: What Love Was

1/22/2021 08:18:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





I gave,
and I gave,
and I gave.
I got nothing
In return.

I loved,
and loved,
and loved,
and I always
wound up
getting hurt.

I cried,
and I cried,
and I cried.
But no one
heard my
tears.

I thought that
was the thing
about love.

You give,
you love,
you cry.
And all it brings
is heartbreak.

Love.

I never really
understood it.
I never really
understood why
people do it, when
all it returns is
tears,
pain,
and sacrifice.

Tears.
Pain.
Sacrifice.


Yet people keep
doing it.
People keep loving.
Despite all the
heartache
and hurt it gives.

I never really
understood love.

And then you came.

And I gave,
and gave,
and gave.
But it’s alright,
because I loved you.
And all the things
I gave you was
worth it,
because you loved
me too.

I loved you.

But then you left.
You left me.


And I cried,
and cried,
and cried.
But then I finally
understood what
love was.

Love
can give you more
than just tears,
pain, sacrifice.
It is more than
heartache and hurt.

It gives you
safety,
security,
contentedness,
and feelings
I don’t even know
how to describe.

But all I can say is,
it gives you a home.

I finally understand
why people keep loving.

You were my home.

And when you left,
it hurt like hell.

A moment ago,
we were in love.
and then suddenly,
you were gone.

I was homeless.

You left and you took my heart with you.

Loving.

I finally understand.

It is the endless search
by lonely, broken, and unsheltered
hearts. 

Our endless search for a home.




You Might Also Like

0 comments: