english,

Literary: Hearth

1/22/2021 07:38:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





A glow in the darkness
Pulls my fortunate soul close
To a refuge unsung and unwavering
A hearth of concrete and brick-stone

The fire may beckon me closer
To come nearer its golden blaze
Its passionate thrill and perilousness
May so easily catch my gaze

The world beyond may call forth
To discover what is yet unknown
It may lead me into winter’s blue
And apoplectic tempests on my own

Yet I remain bound and grounded
My love is far but not lost
Like a string that pulls through
To each moon and journey back
My evergreen redwood
Whose roots tangle into me

Oh dear one,
You may weep or wander
Dither or stray
But you always find your way home
Quickly and soon enough
You are led back to where you belong

Before brick-stone I sit
Nothing quite compares
To the warmth of the hearth


You Might Also Like

0 comments: