-12:07-,

Literary: At Long Last

11/27/2020 08:20:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



I caught a glimpse of a fair lady
Who was smiling at me from afar
Against the backdrop of the skies so gloomy
She shone resplendently like the stars
She closed the distance between us
In surprise, I could not even exclaim
And before I could get a chance to ask
She told me that Hope was her name
She whispered to me promises of splendor
Of fulfillment, glory, and jubilation
She said all I had to do was to chase her
I wanted to, but I listened to reason
So I said no and we had to part
And she left as swiftly as she came
Soon thereafter, regret pained my heart
I realized I trapped myself in the mundane
Then one day, I saw her once again
And her sweet promises came to mind
I made up my mind right there and then
That I would chase after her this time
I didn’t know I had a long journey ahead
But I reached her after a long time has passed
I gave her a tap on the shoulder and said
“Hope, I’ve caught up to you at long last”
She paused and sighed before doing a spin
And what followed caught me unprepared
She told me that Hope was her twin
And that her name was Despair

You Might Also Like

0 comments: