dandelion,

Literary: Luminous

11/27/2020 08:01:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



I've always found comfort in solitude
Comforted by my lack of companion
Above me, the vastness of heaven
No moon, no light
Just darkness, a starless sky

A familiar song, as if on cue,
I find fingers strumming the strings of a guitar.
The tune speaks of pain,
Of the sorrow, of the loss,
Of all my silenced inhibitions

The chords are my escape
The vibrations, windows of my soul
My lack of words is compensated
With the melodies, deep, clear, and slow.

I just love how it makes me feel,
But there's no way this delusive contentment is real.
Because despite my euphonious pleas
There is not a single soul willing to heed

The night is dark
And so are thoughts clouding my head.
I find myself suffocating
Hit by a whirlwind of emotions

Just then,

A breath of air, a cool gentle breeze
Caressing, soothing me
As if prompting
My breathing that has stilled

Out the corner of my eye, I notice
An inspiring orange light of dawn,
Its cheerful glow fills the void in my heart
And takes me to a tranquil fantasy.

Unknowingly,
I find my fingers beginning to strum
A tune I find very odd
But there is magic in the mellow tone

Because for the first time
I truly feel at ease
As if being held in the arms of rhythm
Bewitched by serenity

Gone are the darkest of nights
Now, turned into the finest gleam of sunlight
Accompanied by a hopeful strum of my guitar
This, I would never trade for solitude

You Might Also Like

0 comments: