english,

Literary: A Lone Star in the Night

11/27/2020 08:13:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



As I stare up at the pitch-black sky
A thought pops into my head.
Tonight, will a star be visible to the naked eye?
Will it be able to distract me from the struggles I face?

Observing the ill-lit sky,
Looking intently, my vision starts to blur.
I continue to look for a star, but cannot help letting out a sigh,
Because after a while, the sky becomes clouded with haze.

Bit by bit, I’m losing hope
‘Oh, why now, when I need you the most?’
I am about to give up but just keep staring as I mope,
I glance the other way, and I am in awe of what I see. 

Look, there it is, the single star I have been waiting for!
Just shining alone in the gloomy sky.
Alone in the darkness, yet it manages to soar
‘Oh, if that star can do it, then I’ll be alright.’

I’ll be alright even when I’m alone,
There’s no need to be afraid on this journey I’ll take.
Like the lonely star above, I will glow on my own,
As long as I focus on myself and my dreams.

Thank you, star, for being my light;
A much-needed one when I felt alone and stuck.
As I go through my journey, which I long to be bright,
I will always remember your spark.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: