english,

Literary: Helping Hand

11/27/2020 07:23:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



I've been walking on this path
for a short period of time
that has felt like forever.
The ballistic bone-chilling wind
and the hazy night compel me
to stop and be still.
But hopelessness is just starting.
Chains are dragging my feet
until I have no choice but to stop.
Anchors latch on to my arms,
pulling me further into the dark.
If only the sun shines on me,
maybe this path wouldn’t be this hard.
Then, a hand engulfs mine,
bringing back my spirit,
taking the weight off me.
Your hand gives a reassuring squeeze
and suddenly, energy spreads through my body. 

Suddenly, nothing feels uncertain.
The wind is a brush on my cheek,
the moon once concealed by clouds
now casts a light
and makes my night clear.
Hope finally envelops me.
No chains or anchors are pulling me
down to the ground.
It doesn’t matter if the sun shines or not.
I no longer expect the sun
to save me from the dark.
Just the warmth of your hand is enough to keep me on track.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: