english,

Literary: 2AM

10/30/2020 07:22:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




It's been almost 3 months
Since I laid in my own bed
Now I lay here, still awake at two
Wishing everything is all in my head

The steady sound of the dripping dextrose
Medicine bottles all over the counter
Body's still sore from doing chemo
The whole room is as quiet as ever

Sometimes I wonder if I will ever get well
Or if I will even get close
If there is something that scares me like hell
It would be dying, I suppose

I'm afraid my fateful demise is nearing
I never expected this would happen
The thought of death has always disturbed me
Who would ever want to be forgotten?

At night, I never give in to sleep
In fear of not waking the next morning
Tonight is no exception for me
I'm still wide awake, barely even yawning

It is currently three
Mom will be back from the drugstore
Perhaps I should get some sleep
I wouldn't want to worry her any more

Before I can even close my eyes
The door springs open and my mom walks in
She washes her hands as I rise
Something seems to be unsettling

She asks me if I'm awake, and I answer
But she keeps on repeating the same question
She walks toward me and just stares
I look back at her with utter confusion

She begins to shake me furiously
Ten seconds, and then she stops
I stand up as she suddenly lets out a loud cry
What's before me makes my soul throb

My unconscious body, lying on the bed
Eyes closed, very still, soundless
I quiver with fear as I stand by its head
With my mother, weeping against its chest

Time of Death : 2:00 AM

You Might Also Like

0 comments: