english,

Literary: One Wish

4/07/2017 07:48:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





A little bit of nursing
A little bit of teaching
A little bit of parenting
They all add up to everything

I grew old looking up and looking bold,
My dreams having an infinite threshold
For I had someone like you to look up to
For years and years and through and through

When we got the chance to talk
We didn’t see the time on the clock
"You have to be odd to be number 1,"
Simple words you told me before we were done

But now that you're gone
I look at the sky at dawn
Reminiscing the countless moments we had
Hoping for even just 1 day to add

You never fail to make the world a little softer
For you make my world alone kinder
Even when my heart is filled with anger

It's been 365 days, and I still wonder
If it’s possible to spend 1 more day with my grandfather
Just 1 day to make everything better
But I guess the answer will remain in my dreams forever

To mi abuelo who’s already in heaven
On a scale of 1 to 10, you'll always be my eleven
7 days a week, 4 weeks a month, 12 months a year
And here I am wishing you were still here

You Might Also Like

0 comments: