english,

Literary: Count

4/07/2017 08:07:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments






Just count from one to five and I’ll be gone.

One, close your eyes. Remember the day we met. The way your eyes sparkled as I was illuminated by them. My smile as wide as the vast oceans and seas, my hope as bright as the summer sky.

Think of me at two. The way I held your hand just right to make you feel that you are safe and that someone will catch you if you fell. And you did. We both did.

At three, remember the best days of our lives. The weekends, the late nights, the sunsets. The smiles, the laughter, the fun. The good old days, our good old days, now gone.

Four, believe that “us” is no longer a combination of you and I. The dark clouds shrouded the bright skies. I stayed in the rain, while you kept yourself warm—wrapped in another's arms.

And five, open your eyes. I'm not there, and I'm not going to be there for you anymore. We blew it. You blew it. So stop remembering. Keep counting. Life doesn't end at the count of five. Move on.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: