aratig,

Literary (Submission): I Promise

9/22/2014 08:23:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments

NOTE: The poems in this series were written in English class by Grade 9 students and based on Christopher Marlowe's The Passionate Shepherd to His Love and Sir Walter Raleigh's The Nymph's Reply to the Shepherd.


Aratig to His Love

Come live with me and be my love
And we will travel the world and see its wonders
From the vast blue seas
To the great gardens of flowers

And I will make you happy everyday
I’ll cook you breakfast, bring you gifts,
Make the short days last.

For you I shall give my life
And share my happiness.
If these delights thy mind may move
Then come live with me and be my love.

Polarlight's Reply to Aratig

If all your promises were from the heart
Then I will be the best for you,
Love you more than you do.

I feel that your promises are true
But then I won’t assume
That you’ll keep them all.

My heart tells me that you will try
But all I want is for you to be true to yourself and to me.
Then these delights my mind might move
To be with you and live happily.

-----

Emanon to His Love

Come live with me and let's create memories
And we will never forget these ones we yield
We will be appreciative and shout with all our heart
"Life is like a playground, not a battlefield"

And I will make sure that we won't waste a second
You and me smiling as we talk to each other
Filled with glee even for no reason
Pure happiness nothing can bother
For you I shall stay no matter what happens
For I don't want to leave you like I did back then
If these delights thy mind may move
Then I may be happiest among all men

Bae's Reply to Emanon

If your promises were more than just words
Then in a heartbeat I'd go with you
And create as many memories as our love will allow
Small fragments of the past we can hold on to

I feel the sincerity in your intentions
And your promises are more than enough
But if our feelings were to change as the sun goes down
Wouldn't it be hard to keep this up?

My heart tells me to trust you, though
For reasons I don't understand
Then these delights my mind might move
To go with you and take your hand

You Might Also Like

0 comments: