english,

Literary: To my Dearest

9/22/2014 07:29:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments

Like most first loves, our story had to end. There is still a small tinge of the bitter feeling in my heart from the day you said goodbye. I don't think that that feeling would be gone because like most first loves, our story is unforgettable.

I am not here to tell our love story nor am I here to curse you for leaving. I wrote this letter to you with hopes that I could finally let go, and that I could truly be honest with you one last time. Yes, there is still a feeling of regret having its rage, revolting against my mind and my decisions. However, I still think what's gone is gone, and our separation is for the better.

I just want to tell you that I won't ever forget you, and that no one could ever replace you. I might finally meet my one true love in the future, but he won't probably make my heart flutter the way you did. His smile would be the sweetest in the world for me, but my mind would never erase the thoughts of your smug smirk, or your ever so bright grin. I would still remember the feeling of your clammy calloused hand enveloping mine, telling me that I'm safe, that everything's alright. Cold, rainy nights would still remind me of the times I curled up in my blanket, pretending to be asleep, giggling softly while talking to you.

I could list down all the things about you that I would never forget but I am afraid that might be too long. I have figured that the days I spent with you, though we are not together anymore, will never go to waste. I guess we were too naive, too nonchalant, to believe that our little story would never end. We believed that our promises would be made, that our stupid little dreams would come true. We were too lost into the feeling of love that we were blinded on the harsh realities and dilemmas life had to offer.

In the end, as I've already said, you still hold a piece of my heart, and that is yours eternally.

I still love you, just not the kind of love we had when we were still together. I would continue to do so, and my love for you shall extend in every dimension, and my memories with you would never cease to exist.

Before everything ends, before I go completely, thank you. Thank you for the time we spent together. I could never have wished for a better first love. I guess this is our final goodbye; our memories will remain as bittersweet as my favourite chocolate.

I love you... to the moon and back, to the universe and under, and to the end of infinity.

Yours truly,
Galaxy

You Might Also Like

0 comments: