english,

Literary: Piece of Paper

8/18/2018 08:04:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




How does it feel?

It feels like a disaster
Like a callous hurricane in the somber aisles of dawn
Or a burning kiss of fire with agony that I cannot bear.
It terribly seems like an interminable gush of flood
Pouring all these spiteful blames on me.
So here I am – drowning
While everyone around me is breathing just fine.

I open my eyes and I’m surrounded by the finest goods and chattels,
A top-notch house for a well-heeled family
Apparently, I possess everything a person desires.
But in this partition between opulence and bliss,
I actually own nothing but the first one
And a shedload of profound longing for the other.
Sigh.

I then turn around to find myself lost in a room full of men in grey suits
All have stolid faces, hard-pressed at two in the morning.
I look down on a massive pile of paperwork, yet I only see one thing – remorse.
Why did I ever settle with pursuing this desperate endeavour?
Perhaps we always hurtle towards the easy choices –
The reckless choices that will eventually obliterate us.

And within a touch of flutter
Everything flashes back.

I glance down once more, towards a pile of paper
A different scatter this time – the one I had years ago
I curse my conscience with an inevitable feat of realization
About the fact that the littlest of things can cause the most grievous of disasters
And that little reason of mine is this piece of paper –
A college application.

How does it feel?

To go through whistling rapids and shallows
Just because I opted to take the course of eminence and wealth
And not the one I’m sincerely passionate about?

You Might Also Like

0 comments: