english,

Literary: You Are Not My First

4/07/2017 09:56:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





You are not the first man to dare walk up to me,
And just say how lovely I am,
How you would love to make me your princess

You are not the first to give me gifts
Flowers once in bloom-
Roses, carnations, tulips, and promises
All soon withered

You are not the first to step with your best foot forward
And share with me visions-
Rather illusions

Yes, you will never be the first

But I will hope once again
And give a chance for love
Until I understand
How my heart wants to keep you,
I’d spend each day with you
When I started to see the best in you,
Your eyes, your poise, your grace
Where my heart wants to stay-
In your company,
Without pretentions, like home
What we really are
And what I want us to be
And why-
I want you to be my last.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: