121919,

Literary (Submission): Wolves at Night

12/11/2020 07:32:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



"The moon that captivates the wolf's heart is the same moon that summons the beast." Art Credits: 121919
 

FURY

When I was a child,
I hated the darkness
for bringing the wolves
until I became one.

Amongst the trees, the wolves were padding,
being summoned by the moon.
Their howling tore the night apart,
they came just too soon.

Whoever is bitten by the werewolf
will turn into one.
And in the blink of an eye,
everything I loved became everything I lost.

They say that I'm no longer a human
but a hopeless beast instead.
They own the night with fangs and claws,
they prowl our darkest fears and flaws.

I fed the wolf inside my heart
with the wilderness from my soul--
he devoured each and every part
and stayed to keep me whole.

BELIEF

Growing up,
I resented the night
for taking over the day,
until the moon revealed itself.

The moon, a spotlight of what took place,
of the tragedy of darkness that couldn't be erased.
The moonlight breaks the blanket of black,
and the stars sweep the sky, illuminating the path to dawn.

Now I see with my own eyes
a glimpse of light and shed a tear.
Continuous nightmares are the proof
the moon knows all too well.

As I breathe in her magical light,
burdens released into the moonbeams,
following my dancing heart
into the depth of my dreams.

These are the nights when the wolves are silent
and only the moon howls
for what I feel is not fright,
but utter love mystique.

DESIRE

And so, the werewolf fell in love with the moon.
My heart is a wolf ruled by two moons:
one, which beckons me back into the night,
the other which calls me home.

Desolate and distant,
yet a mere shift of the eye,
always waiting in the sky,
whether or not I choose to say goodnight.

As I look across the sky,
she casts magic tonight
for it is the full moon again--
I'll run into the wilderness.

I'm a wolf trapped in a human body.
Every time the moon shines,
I come alive
but slowly turn into a beast.
I watched as we were both swallowed,
slowly in possession every night:
she, by the illumination,
I, by the dark.

Each full moon,
I feel the need to kill.
Each full moon,
I run wild and free.

LIMITS

A revelation of what we are:
She is the clock to my curse.
In her full light, she glows,
and I howl, as a lonely being, enslaved by the night.

Maybe wolves are meant to fall in love with the moon,
hearing the howls in the distance.
And every night,
the beast cries for a love it could never touch.

The moon that captivates the heart of the wolf
is the same moon that summons the beast.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: