english,

Literary (Submission): The Ghost

12/11/2020 07:20:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




A specter is haunting me
The specter of what cannot be
I consider it a good omen that today,
I have yet to do something I might regret one day.

The wraith first came to me a year from now
It plagues me so, and I want it gone, but don't know how.
Every waking moment, even beyond
It pokes, tickles, whispers to me, all the while I can't respond.

The phantom shows itself wherever I look
Only to fade and vanish like a crook
Even when I am alone,
The memories won't leave me on my own.

It's my fault really
I'm acting very silly
I didn't know any better, and let the ghost in
All this is on me, much to my chagrin.

Time will be my exorcist
But for now, oh, pale ghost, why do you persist?

You Might Also Like

0 comments: