edelweiss,

Literary (Submission): Let’s Not Yet Play the Game

11/21/2016 09:21:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Let’s not yet play the game.
I’m still reading the rule book.

Don’t hold my hand yet
Number one strictly says,
“No hand-holding until it’s official!”
Don’t take me out on weekends
It says in here that you mustn’t
Let’s just talk business, I’ve never liked the superficial.

Let’s not yet play the game.
I’m still choosing my pawn.

Don’t send me chocolates on the 14th.
I won’t feel indebted. Nope. Never.
I want to be fair in choosing my side.
Don’t text me good night or good morning
I promised not to get used to you;
I shall strictly adhere to The Guide!

Let’s not yet play the game.
For even if I want to win SO bad
Whatever this is, it’s too good to be true.
Let’s not yet play the game-
I’m not yet ready to lose you.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: