english,

Literary: Hanging Man

11/21/2016 08:54:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Listening to you
Now while talking about her
While you’re looking so blue
Makes me wish you would look for another

Word by word, I tried to guess
How best I can tell you
That for me, you’re different from the rest
But secrets are better than the truth

Then you said the most hurtful words you will ever say to me
With letters that implied your feelings:

I see her in every corner and even when I close my eyes

Little by little do I realize that she is the one
Only one for me in this world of endless possibilities
Vowing to her my love and she, promising back, felt like I’ve won
Everything that I am she loved piece by piece

Hallucinations were all that those memories were
Easy come and easy go, her attention faded
Regretting, I should’ve fallen for someone better

With a pat and sigh
I let you go
With a smile and a wave goodbye
My hopes now hit an all time low

For I wish that you instead said to me,

You were actually the person who completes me
Only now did I realize you were the one
Us is a possibility I, now, can see

But no, you chose to stay for another
To show everyone that for her, you’d be a fighter
For every stupid decision she makes puts you in danger
Like a rope on your neck growing tighter and tighter

You Might Also Like

0 comments: