bridge,

Literary: Dog Days

11/24/2018 08:19:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





Today I have gone through a dozen slumbers
Only waking to still be this somber
Tried to focus on various distractions
While impatiently seeking for anyone’s attention.
Been staring at nothing for almost an hour,
With nothing to do, I can’t help but wonder,
Why is my life filled with so much gray?
And what could possibly be my own purpose?
Why do I keep chasing the things I can’t even see,
Eating the tasteless treats that I’ll never really need,
And trying anything until someone notices me?
The time was even more filled with questions and inactivity,
Suddenly, the door opened and I was struck with familiarity
My heart raced knowing she finally came back for me!
I eagerly greeted her through the wagging of my tail
But she had no response and just looked a bit stale.
So, I jumped and hugged her, making her stumble
She laid on the floor then laughed because of the fall
Then sat straight and patted my head with a smile
Maybe making her happy has been my purpose all the while.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: