english,

Literary: The Glass Prism

1/25/2019 08:17:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




When I opened my eyes
The world ceased its gray facade
In my hands the fragile glass
Shone a light of every hue

Imparted onto me by someone true
Never to deny the light I held
One such beauty to behold
Its gentle warmth, passion plenty

It utterly disgusted me
The world I needed, wanted, craved
Take me back to my gray
I asked for not this sunlight spot

Its teasing light revealed my rot
Threatened me with gentle touch
Patched me up and shone too bright
To steer me away from the blithe path

But this road, old rhyme and wrath
Is the heat, the only warmth I've ever known
Spectrum light from given glass
Don’t take who I was and mold me new

Every color, the red, the blue
Engulf me and set me straight
Beholden glass, dear merciful
Don’t take me now forever more

My stormy grays, my before
My monochromatic wonderland
Don’t look at me, don’t come to me
Your fragile heart, my glass prism

You Might Also Like

0 comments: