english,

Literary: Midday Musings

11/29/2017 07:50:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Teachers
They tell me to look beyond my sights
But all I see is nothing but the shivering night
Coming, coming, but gone way too fast
Yet it comforts me knowing nothing will last

Classmates
They stare aimlessly in front
Not so much a sound, not so much a grunt
They're zombies that walk in the great empty halls
Forever trapped inside these comforting walls

Blackboard
In it, words are written in chalk
We’ve written the words, but words never talk
It tells me what to say, what to think, what to do
It's pointless to me, is it pointless to you?

Notes
In these notes I write with my hand
And a pen that I puppet through unspoken commands
I have to memorize each word and line
Reading the letters in ink thin and fine

Myself
In this classroom, I sit all alone
With desks and windows that I call my home
I sit in a vast endless darkened abyss
Unsure if I'll get out or just find it endless

You Might Also Like

0 comments: