daisy,

Literary (Submission): Hurt

8/27/2015 08:24:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



It’s like drowning,
Struggling to keep the water out of my lungs,
When I try catching up with you
Knowing you’ll never slow down for me like you used to.

It’s almost like falling freely
Into a bottomless and dark abyss
When it sinks in that you’ve left; there’s no one waiting,
No one around to keep me from collapsing.

It’s like failing miserably
In a test I expected and studied for
When I know that someone else makes you happy; I can’t do the same
Whatever move I make, I’ll always lose the game.

It’s like slowly self-destructing
Watching my entire world crumble into pieces
To see you the two of you stare at each other lovingly.
There are three pairs of eyes
And unfortunately, none are on me.

It feels like drowning
and falling,
failing,
and feeling crushed all at once

That it’s me you’ll never see.
But I know when to let go, the rope’s already burning me.
Your smile is, will always be beautiful that it makes me sad
Because it tells me you’re the best thing I never had.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: