english,

Literary (Submission): The Definition of Love

8/27/2015 07:42:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



I thought I understood what love meant

Love was the long walks when you would take my hand
Love was romantic dinners with endless conversations
Love was the way you always looked at me

But love was also the day you decided
to make your own definition

It was no longer a phone call away
or go-to buddy for lunch

I forgot about love
thinking it would never creep back

But slowly, love started
to crawl back into my life

Love is realizing the beauty of walking alone
Love is space you give yourself to grow
Love is not needing your arms

because I know I have my own

I never really bother to read Merriam-Webster
but I think I finally understand
the meaning of love

You Might Also Like

0 comments: