english,

Literary (Submission): Beautiful (Mess)

8/27/2015 07:26:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



I am mostly valued for my aesthetic purposes. I am used in garish art projects, shimmering eye shadows, and even festive decorations. I can bring life and sparkle to anyone’s day. Just by looking at me, even the most passive person gets a little bit of twinkle in the eye. This may be because my glistening aura can easily attract stares.

My natural attention-grabbing abilities are a huge help in making me visible and known to the people I see and socialize with. But, as such, I am only known for the trivial things. People only notice my shimmer that it blinds them. It hinders them from seeing how imperfect I am. How I have flaws. How I mess up. How I feel like salt to flesh. And, how, when I get touched, I get too attached. I tend to stick to people too much because I find it difficult to let go.

But despite my imperfections and weaknesses, I still seem flawless. When I mess up, I manage to look strikingly beautiful. Throw me aimlessly on any canvas and it will look like art. Sprinkle me recklessly on a table topped with red cups, finger food, and alcohol, and the image would look picturesque. My imperfect beauty brings out the beauty in others.

So maybe my flaws are noticed after all. Maybe people have already seen through me. But I pull off everything coolly that they no longer see the fine line between my strong and weak points; that they find beauty in everything I do. And my beauty does not compete; it completes and complements.

Essentially, there is no mess. But it would be better if I get cleaned up and wiped off after a spill.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: