english,

Literary: The Sun's Child

7/23/2015 07:47:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



From the day our paths crossed,
The moment our gazes lingered,
As I felt my heart beating in my chest,
I knew you were not like the rest.

What happened soon after
Only history would care to remember.
Neither of us had a single clue,
But I smiled and so did you.

We traversed the world
And you sang to pass the time
With your heavenly voice
And lyre, we all rejoice.

Everything was great.
Life was perfect,
But alas, all glories must fade.
It was as if the fates simply forbade.

One fateful winter evening,
We sat under the moonlight.
You sang to me the rhythm of our past.
Little did I know that it was for the last.

As the song came to an end,
You whispered to me, "Buonanotte.”
We exchanged looks of sadness,
And I watched as you dived into the darkness.

Much time has passed since then,
But when I heard it, I was certain.
It was music to my ears,
The voice of the lady who quelled my fears.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: