english,

Literary: Start Lazy, the End is Hazy

7/09/2015 07:27:00 PM Media Center 2 Comments



The sun rises and sets. The flowers grow and bloom. They move with no hesitation as if there was nothing that could interrupt them. When they start, they spring into movement to show how wonderful they are. They’re so beautiful yet common enough that we don’t see the dedication it takes to rise and to grow.

It seems so simple to start. And commit myself to something because I genuinely want to. I want to start a day without worrying about homework I should have done three days ago but didn’t. I want to start jogging, to feel myself one with everything. Like fading into the scenery as I imagine all those fats melt away.

But I do start. I start and I start and I start. Yet I never continue, never finish. I do it all so agonizingly slowly. Because I have the motivation to start but no will to continue.

The sun rises and sets. The flowers grow and bloom. The reader reads on. Everybody else is starting to fall or fall in love. Yet here I am, wondering why I’m still not doing my homework for the next subject.

You Might Also Like

2 comments: