english,

Literary: Ours

7/23/2015 07:35:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



I remember seeing you at a party.

Amongst the chatter and the noise, we were both just seated and enjoying one another's company. We spent each lovely moment whistling songs and singing tunes.

I remember each moment as if it just happened last night. The small whispers and chuckles we shared. We made our own little song in the dark, and there was one particular song of mine that you had liked. We sang that throughout the night.

Alas, as all songs have endings, so does ours. We parted ways. I arrived home, crawled into bed and slept. A familiar sound then awakened me from my sleep. It was my alarm, though it had me grinning. It was the song that we kept repeating. It was the song that you loved.

Though to my ears, the song sounded different—different in a way that no one could ever see. To me that song was our whispers and laughter. It was the time we spent together.

It was the pleasure of having you there.

It was the song that only we could hear.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: