english,

Literary: I am a Lie

12/03/2015 08:57:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



Red is for the blood that rages in my veins
It is my bane and a pain to always feign strong through the strain

With the Orange I am weary, for it always comes after Red
It is the shame that I gain from all said and unsaid

You say Yellow is the light for a happy new day
But it is just when I lay, drop dead and wish the light to herald the end of my days

With some lies, some sighs and numerous tries not to cry
I attempt to hide how the Green strives to say, how it is they I can’t defy

I once thought I liked Blue for it was what made the sky
Now I wish I could be free and fly away from the fray, and sleep with the clouds’ lullaby

With the Violet comes the ultimate price
For thinking and lying that one’s life isn’t played by someone else’s dice

In the end, don’t pretend that you never had the unfeeling Gray
Because you were played and misled to think you had no choice and no say

In a life that is and always bleak and Black
One cannot escape all the cracks, flaks, setbacks, double backs and the stabbing of backs

But even Science knows Black IS all colors, maybe all I need is to discover
Other wonders of colors that will smother and cover the Gray all together

Now I see that the way won’t always be paved with Gray
That the Gold may be well on their way to save me from the lies I say

You Might Also Like

0 comments: