english,

Literary: Contrasts

12/03/2015 08:52:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



If you were a photo album
In the dark attic,
I would be the sentimental romantic.

Sepia tones are what's left
Of memories I tried to keep.
I yearn to remember
What those colors used to mean.
You have been gone for too long,
But I wish to keep you now.

I am wary, yet wistful:
I may not be able
To bring back the shades that once were
But I dream of bringing color back to you.

If you were a painting
In an art gallery,
I would be the blind visitor.

Vivid colors are lost
To eyes that cannot see.
I yearn to feel
How the paints dance in fusion
But you are behind velvet ropes
And I am too far away.

I am dismayed, but overjoyed:
I may not be able
To see the hues that make you,
But I am sure someone else will.

If you were a sketch
In a private collection,
I would be the powerless guest.

Monochrome lines are testimonies
Of what you are to the collector.
I yearn to see
What a splash of color could do
But my palette has the wrong shades
And you were never mine to begin with.

I am defeated, yet content:
I may not be able
To replace the somber tints,
But I understand I have no right to change you.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: