arkanadria,

Literary: Impaired

9/19/2012 07:47:00 PM Media Center 1 Comments

I took everything indifferently and avoided anything that would remind me of the boy who broke my heart into a million pieces—especially that certain street which held a heartrending memory of a goodbye I knew I couldn’t bear.

I thought I was coping well... until I saw him today.

The girl's hand was entangled in his while he was staring at her eyes--the same way he stared at mine back when I was still the owner of his heart. The way they looked at each other crushed my already crushed fragile little heart. My eyes lingered at him, every detail of him. Nothing had changed except the fact that he looked happier. Every part of me started to go numb but I gathered my strength and absconded from the excruciating sight.

I walked and walked until the heels felt so very sore that I couldn’t walk anymore. I landed on the gutter of a familiar street that I had eluded for a year and clutched my chest to at least catch the debris from my shattered heart. It was then when I realized that my tears had already escaped from my eyes.

I wonder how just the sight of him could disrupt all of my senses... ● by Arkanadria

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. awww sobrang relaaaate :'(( maikli subalit punong-puno ng emosyon

    ReplyDelete