english,

Literary: Rewind

9/19/2012 07:41:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments

We fought again. Me and my daughter. It wasn’t much of a fight really. It was mostly her, shouting. My baby girl, shouting at me because I wouldn’t let her go to that school in Amsterdam.

I don’t want to lose her. She probably doesn’t know about Ed. Shot by some punk in London while he was walking back to his dorm. I just don’t want to lose her.

Red light signals a stop. I have a gallon of ice cream in the passenger’s seat. One hundred thousand in my wallet, down payment for that school in the Netherlands. I hope she’ll forgive me. I guess I can let go of her. She’s old enough. The ice cream is melting.

***

I slammed the door.

I’m out of the fight. All the screaming has taken a toll on me. I just cry on my pillow and wait for the pain to subside.

I just don’t get why he won’t let me go. It’s the opportunity of a lifetime.

Although, Dad did decide to stay here for me. We kept moving and I just wanted something stable.

The thought makes me cry harder.



Green light. Slight pressure on the gas pedal. Slow motion. A bright light by my left. Someone didn’t stop at the red light.

Maybe it’s my turn to think of Dad. Maybe it’s okay if I stay here for another year. It won’t be that bad. I should make it up to Dad.

The truck’s coming my way. I just don’t want to lose her.

I’ll call the school...

The ice cream is melting.

I’m sorry Dad.

I’m sorry Jannah.  by Rouge

You Might Also Like

0 comments: