english,

Literary: The Cat

9/26/2012 07:51:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments

They say curiosity killed the cat.

Well, it did way more than that.
When I first saw him, I was star struck.
Sparkling grey eyes.
Dark tousled hair.
Broad shoulders.
Calm yet distant look.

I thought who is this guy? Who is this handsome, mysterious creature standing five feet away from me? This seemingly wild and dangerous yet at the same time safe and tame being. What else could I do but fall for him?

I spent many nights thinking about him, wondering where he was from, who he is, what he was like… I couldn’t get him out of my head.

When I finally got the courage to approach him, I was eccentric. He had such a deep, rustic voice that just melted my heart. I couldn’t believe it. He was talking to me, staring with those intense eyes.

I felt so… alive.

We spent weeks chatting, talking, laughing. The closer we got to each other, the more my feelings grew. I was smitten-head over heels in love.

I thought he was, too.

Until one day, he told me. Trust me, I wish he never did.

How could I have been so blind? Someone like that, someone like him? It was too perfect. Too good to be true. Of course he liked someone else. Of course he’s planning to propose to her. Of course he is.

They say curiosity killed the cat.



My dear friend, it did more than that.  by Juliet Bennet

You Might Also Like

0 comments: