english,

Literary (Submission): Hanging

8/12/2015 07:59:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



Our friendship started how friendships usually start these days—through the internet.

You messaged me with a simple question about school and, as a good student, I answered back as best as I can. After that, we said our goodbyes. I felt nothing about you at that time. To me, you were just another student in the sea of faces at school.

I thought we were never going to speak to each other again so I never gave you another glance. But then, you befriended me. You chatted with me constantly. We spoke about a lot of things other than school. I got to know you for the person you are deep inside. I used to think you were this egotistical, big-headed guy but through chatting frequently and texting until midnight, I learned you were more than that.

I used to lie to my parents that I was sleeping but actually I was talking to you. You made me laugh. You made me want to hit my head against the wall. You made me want to jump higher than the moon, higher than the furthest star in the furthest galaxy. You made me feel emotions that I never felt before. Perhaps I can call this infatuation and for a time, I was happy with this setup.

But, of course, when it comes to these sorts of things, someone was bound to get hurt. In our case, it was me.

We were fine one night and then you just stopped talking to me. You never sent me a message or chatted with me anymore. I felt like someone who was left on the side of the road. You acted like I don’t even exist. At school, you don’t look at me or even acknowledge my presence. I did not know what to do. I don’t know if I should text you first or give you the space I thought you needed.

I guess it’s safe to say that my infatuation was a little deeper than the first time I realized I liked you. But I understand. Maybe to you I was just a girl who longed for your attention; just a girl who thought that she was someone special. Maybe I was. Maybe I still am.

But the way you treated me, the way you conversed with me and especially the way you made me feel, I swear with all my heart, it was different. Clearly, however, it was only I who felt that way.

Now, after so many months, here I am.

I am still hung up on you.

I still wish things would go back to the way they used to be.

I still like you the way I did before.

Even though, I know you already like somebody else.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: