literary,

Literary (Submission): Take Two

8/12/2015 08:44:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



I remember the first time you said ‘hi’
And how it hurt when you said ‘goodbye’
How I smiled whenever I heard your name
And how I wished our feelings would be the same

I recall the moment I began it all
And how I left even when I knew I was starting to fall
How I'd wonder if my name ever earned a spot
In your heart that's always worth the long shot

I thought there would be no hope for me
Because being the one you’d love, I thought I’d never be
But here we are now, remembering a memory
Could this still be reality?

For you, there will always be hope even if you can’t see
Because you’re the one, who else would it be?
You tied the broken strings inside of me
And I just want to let you know, it was never a fantasy

I don’t know what to feel
It’s like everything happening is so surreal
Because it’s no longer a ‘once upon a time’
It became a dream come true of mine

Nothing’s ever unreal, it is just unknown that
More things are wrought by love than this world dreams of alone
Even crystal rain falls from the unlit sky
So dreams can come true with the blink of an eye

I never thought I’d be in this reality
The moon has blessed me with sweet serendipity

Even when this galaxy of ours drifts into a black hole
You'll still have this irreplaceable footprint etched onto my soul

You Might Also Like

0 comments: