english,

Literary (Submission): Save Me

8/27/2015 07:36:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



You bared your soul to me. Showed me that you were nowhere near perfect. I knew you were not but it's a different feeling to be confronted with the actual facts. It dug at me, it still digs at me...

What have I gotten myself into?

Sometimes I wish that I had never met you, or hope that we had never been close. It would have been better... better for me that you remained untainted and perfect. Your secrets weigh me down so much. I don't know what else to do. So I keep this facade of being unperturbed. I know you'd back away if you knew how hard it hits me.

But it's too late for me to stop... I can't back away.

I tell people that I liked you. That’s the lie I tell everyone, even myself. The truth is that I still like you and it burns me.

I like how your name rhymes with Oreo. I don't really like them but I know you do so I pretend that I do because I lie for you.

Sheesh. See. I'm in too deep. Someone, anyone…

Please, save me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: