english,

Literary: Remember the Time I Sang for You

7/23/2015 07:52:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



Wake me up to your song
Gather up the band
Never forget to bring me along
To witness your music firsthand

I always thought
I was part of your team
The steady second voice
To go with your scheme

But I was just a note
Like all the other notes before me
Flat eight notes in the song of your life
Always in the wrong key

I should have seen it
I was the piano to your fortissimo
You took me to crescendo
But I couldn't keep up with your tempo

I SHOULD have seen it
We were never meant to be
To play in the same symphony
It was for you and some other, never for you and me

Leave me here without your song
Go on with your band
Forgive me if I don't come along
To see your new note dance to the wave of your hand

You Might Also Like

0 comments: