emanon,

Literary (Submission): Twelve Hours

3/25/2015 09:01:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments


6:40AM

I tried my best to go to school as early as possible (which I do not usually do), hoping that I would get a chance to walk you to your first period class. You’re usually at school by 6:45, but this time you arrived earlier.

As I entered the gate, I caught a glimpse of your pretty face. You’re standing near the stairs and looked like you were waiting for someone. My heart skipped a beat. I smiled without reason and walked as fast as I could. I told myself, “This could be the chance I’m waiting for.”

But he got there before me. He approached you and offered to help you with your things. You gave him a bright smile, nodded, and handed him your backpack. You turned and walked away, talking and laughing.

I know he’s your best friend, nothing to worry about. But even if you don’t seem to know, I know, and everyone knows that he likes you more than that.

10:30AM

My friends and I rushed to our Social Studies class on the 3rd floor. I know your next class is on the same floor, so I walked slowly. I deliberately wanted to be left behind so I can sneak a glace as I pass by your classroom.

You were seated beside him on the last row near the windows. You were attentively listening to the Algebra lesson. I didn’t expect you to look my way.

But maybe fate still has something for me. You looked towards the door and our eyes met. You smiled and gave a little wave. The butterflies in my stomach went wild. My world stood still. Those sparkling eyes, that gorgeous smile... this must be a dream.

I waved back. Maybe you didn’t see me wave anymore for you turned around and faced him. You talked to each other like best friends usually do. I looked away and ran towards my classmates. Nothing to worry about. I know that you’re just friends.

12:00NN

It was time for lunch. I went to the canteen. We took our seats and started to eat and chat. I didn’t expect to see you, but there you are. You were with your friends and he was there with you.

As you walked past us, I heard you say that you’re starving. I thought of giving you my extra snack but when I reached for my bag under the table, I heard him say, “Get what you want, my treat.”

I heard you thank him and saw you give him a quick hug. Your friends started teasing you. You blushed and moved away from him. I turned away, tried to ignore things, and gave my attention to my lunch and my friends.

4:30PM

The last class has finally ended. Table Tennis training doesn’t start for another hour. I walked down the ramp to meet my team mates and unexpectedly saw you there. You were with him again. This time, you were both surrounded by his basketball teammates.

I’m hearing big voices. They were loudly laughing and teasing the two of you. I tried to ignore you but maybe it can’t be helped. I still snuck a glance at you.

Your face was really red and you were laughing hard. You look really happy. And really cute. You stood up, bid him good luck for his training, and left.

6:00PM

I was leaving after training when I saw you seated on the wooden benches near the stairs. You were alone, just playing with your iPhone. Maybe fate was really tempting me. Could this be the chance that I was waiting for? Or could this be just another thing to open my eyes to reality?

So I decided to grab this opportunity. I walked towards you, tapped your shoulder and smiled at you. Your eyes lit up, you smiled back, and stood up. You gave me a quick hug and asked me to sit beside you.

Everything was awkward and quiet. All I can hear was the wind and the crickets chirping. I tried to think of a way to start a conversation but I was terribly tongue tied. I don’t know what to say. Maybe this is the time to tell you how much I like you.

I was about to start talking when your phone rang. It was your dad. He probably told you to hurry up for after that phone call, you stood up, picked up your stuff, and mumbled an apology and a quick goodbye.

6:10PM
I walked home alone. I remembered how today started and ended. Realizations hit me hard. This is too much for one day.

A part of me tells me to stop what I’m doing, another tells me to continue. I really love you, but this day made me realize, “Is my love for you enough for you to love me too?” What if we aren’t really made for each other? Will I still have other chances or would they slip away like what happened? I’m too tired to think.


Maybe tomorrow has something in store for me. Or the day after tomorrow, who knows when? I’ll do everything that I can to win your heart. This is not the end, it’s just the beginning. I love you, and that’s what I hold on to.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: