chasing you,

Literary (Submission): Chasing You

2/18/2015 09:08:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




What might you be?
A dream? An idea? An object?
Or perhaps another soul wandering
In this ever-turning world
Abstract? Alive?

Whatever form you may assume,
You will always be the face of
My desires and hopes.

I know one thing for certain;
I can’t find you here
Not in this time and place

In this decade when? Where?
People want things done instantly;
Where life is too fast paced, leaving no room to breathe
A time where all I see are screens;
Screens which rob my time and limit my view

Maybe, just maybe you were always
There, but impossible to reach.

My wish is to turn time back a bit.
When Saturday morning TV still mattered to kids.
When radios and CDs held all of the music
When computers were fat and awfully slow
A time when it was easier to imagine
And harder to develop photographs.

Could I have found “you” there?
Would you have sent me a sweet gracious smile, or sewn me a message
Of little black pixels?

How did such thoughts seep into my brain causing my unrest?

Nostalgia? Love?

Not a glass of warm, bubbly milk or
The starless purple sky can cure me of my longing

If I can’t travel to yesterday, if I can’t find you today…
There is always tomorrow, there you might be.


You Might Also Like

0 comments: