english,

Literary (Submission): To my Future Wife , Dear Future Husband

2/11/2015 09:03:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments


To My Future Wife,

Hello to the woman I choose to marry in the future—my beautiful, intelligent, hardworking, loyal, music-loving, poem-writing dream girl. We met in college, freshman year. You were new to the campus so you asked directions from a complete stranger and luckily, that stranger was me. Then as I turned and looked into your eyes, instead of answering your questions, I became lost as well. My mind was thinking of nothing but you and suddenly my heart was beating faster. Right then and there, I felt you were the one. I couldn’t tell if you had the same feeling as I had when I gazed into your eyes. But I saw you laugh most likely at the silly face I was making while I stupidly stared at you.

Years later, we married because of love, because we trusted each other like no other. We have a lot of things in common but we also have a lot of differences which made our love for each other stronger. And despite the inevitable challenges we’ll face in life, I promise you that I will make sure that our relationship will be the best thing that ever happens for us.

Sincerely,
Your Future Husband



Dear Future Husband,

The first time I’ll see you, I won’t think that you’re the one. I don’t let people in easily. I set up walls and guards that you’ll have to break through to see the real me, the one who laughs at nonsense jokes, and the one whose eyes shine when they talk about something they love. You need to be patient in order to know me. Don’t give up easily just yet because I’ll know you’re the one when you don’t. It takes so much time for one to truly get to know someone, and when they do, it’s the best thing that’ll ever happen to them. Loving can hurt but it can also heal and blossom into something that you’d die and risk your life for.

I’ll fall in love with your eyes and the way I view them differently even though it just looks the same to everyone else. The way you tell me simple stories like how you didn’t answer all the questions in a test when you were in second grade because you were sad or how you’re pissed at the kid who didn’t even say thank you. These things and stories are the ones that’ll keep us close and still in love with each other every single day for the rest of our married life.

I will marry you because I love you, really. I’ve learned to love your everything including your flaws. I don’t see them as mistakes because it makes you who you are. The most heartfelt moment of my life will probably happen as I walk down the aisle and see you, in tears, thinking that I’d get to spend my entire life with my best friend, soulmate, crush, and other things that you are. I promise to be faithful and honest, to be by your side ‘til the end.

Together, we’ll prove that there’s forever.

Love,
Your Future Wife

You Might Also Like

0 comments: