english,

Literary (Submission): Dear Future Wife

3/06/2014 08:01:00 PM Media Center 1 Comments

To My Happiness,

There is something in this world that no one has seen yet. They say it's so gentle, sweet, and warm that you would yearn for it once you have. That's why the world kept it hidden; so not just anyone can get their hands on it. However, I think I found it.

I found it in you. Your reassuring smile, picking me up from my failures. Those eyes, oh, those pristine windows of heaven. Each look would send tens and thousands of stars falling from the sky. Your hands, similar to those of Midas', only that each touch springs joy worth more than all the gold in the world. Of course, how could I forget your heart that never ceases to amaze me? Your kindness and compassion unparalleled by anyone I have met before. Finally, your soul that is similar to mine for we are one. "Soulmates" as they would call it. All of these, it's you. Only you.

Do you remember? When you turned from your desk to face mine and our eyes met? Do you recall? That moment, when God reached for my heart, showed me paradise. I somehow knew. A tad bit surreal and whatnot "love at first sight" might be, as others would say. I don't care. I only asked for your name but what you gave me can't be expressed by any word known to man. Four years for that sweet "yes"-- it was worth it. You are and you will always be worth it.

Remember when I told you when a person loves, he or she should love without any conditions? Not for a ring, not for a certificate, not for assurance and especially not for money. I would still marry you even without those. My sole reason for loving you is because you are you. Just being yourself with me, completing me, that's more than enough. I am yours.

When we vowed for forever, it doesn't promise a life together free from problems, sadness, misunderstandings. Forever doesn't mean a perfect relationship. I learned that "forever" simply means spending each day together trying to be "perfect" for the other. Not letting a day pass without saying "thank you" or "I'm sorry" and "I love you." I won't promise. I will be your forever. For better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, 'til death do us part.

I love you.

Your Forever,
Franz

You Might Also Like

1 comment: