ana suiza,

Literary (Submission): Dear Future Husband

3/06/2014 07:56:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments

Dear Future Husband,

First of all, I'd like to thank you for choosing someone like me to be your wife. I'm definitely not perfect and, like everybody, I come with my own set of flaws. Despite knowing this, however, you accept and love me as I am.

As of now, I don't know who you are or what you look like but I'm positive that you're absolutely crazy, considering that you can put up with me and my quirks. You must be pretty special yourself, with the kindest heart and the sweetest intentions. That's the reason I'll fall for you, right?

I've always pictured in my head, the way we'll meet and begin our one-of-a-kind romance. I'll be the ambitious introvert, paintbrush in hand, transferring the sunset in front of me onto the blank canvas and you'll be the outgoing photographer capturing the same thing with your vintage camera. I'll glance at you a few times and you'll do the same until someone finally breaks the silence and starts a conversation (I'm not sure if that's you or me). After all the small talk, you'll take a look at my artwork and laugh at how sloppily it was made and probably crack a joke about how a fifth grader could do better.

Since then, we'll be like free spirits, unafraid to take risks and be ourselves. We'll share the same interests but at the same time respect each other's differences. We'll sit down and do absolutely nothing. We'll listen to the same indie track and take long walks as we talk about whatever comes to mind. Sure, there will be times when we'll fight over silly things and times when it seems like the world is against us but I think all we really need to do is laugh it off and everything will be fine.

The way we'll meet or the person I imagine you to be might stay solely in my fantasies. When you first meet me, you might not even expect me to be your future wife. But I've learned that life has a way of being unexpected. Sometimes even crazy.

See you soon.

Your future wife,
Ana

You Might Also Like

0 comments: