choices,

Literary: Choices

7/30/2014 08:07:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments

25 July 2014

Dear NO NAME,

“I like my choices.”

This is from a famous book written by John Green where the characters choose to love each other despite their conditions, and conquer all the challenges they face together even though they know one of them would eventually leave.

How come other people can say that they actually like their choices? Don’t their other choices involve hurting another person?

Why can’t I like the decisions I make?

Why must I regret every choice I make?

Why can’t I be happy too?

These questions keep on popping up in my head. I feel the curse of my choices in everything that I do. Everyone keeps judging every move I make. The hell with them! Sometimes I just want to vanish like bubbles that float in the air. I haven’t been happy with my choices lately. I mess up, I get hurt, and I usually seem to end up crying. Is there something wrong with my mind? It used to be there to guide me every time I needed to make a decision.

Oh yeah, I forgot. The problem with me nowadays is that I always, always let my heart win.
The heart just ruins everything. Once your brain has generated a good solution to a problem, it is always there to contradict whatever was generated.

I think I should correct what I said earlier. I do like my choices. Or at least I did, before I let my heart have the final say on every choice I make.

Never let your heart have the final say, your brain was placed above your heart for a reason. “Mind over matter.” You have to learn how to let your brain work in times of decision making, or else you’ll end up like me. Bitter, lifeless, insecure and bothered by everything that happens around me.

The choices you make are like connect the dots. They make up the very person you are now… and will be for the rest of your life.

Now, after all I’ve said, I’ve come to realize how vital it is to learn to embrace the choices I make no matter how hard it is to accept, and no matter how much I get hurt in the process.

What’s not to like? I’ll have to go through my whole life making them right?

I should like my choices, you should too.

From:
Starkist

You Might Also Like

0 comments: