english,

Literary: Asymptote

7/30/2014 08:15:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments

I was having a hard time focusing on my Math teacher as she was discussing how to graph exponential functions. I guess it was because lately, there have been a lot of things that are bothering me. It's the last year, it might also be the last year I get time to spend with you.

Suddenly, the memories we spent together appeared in my mind. I still remember how we met, how we awkwardly introduced ourselves to each other. We didn't know then that a simple conversation would blossom into a long lasting friendship. We've known each other since we were kids, and throughout the years, we've always been together. I remember how we always compete with each other, and how I would always win. A sad smile crept up to my face. How could all those hours we spent with each other seem so short?

I began to think of what those memories mean to you. I can't ask, it is a line that I am too shy, too afraid to cross. Have you realized that I have liked you for some time now? Do you really only see me as a friend? I am wondering about what our relationship is to you.

I hate how the world is composed of laws that I will never be able to break. I simply try to reach out, to be with you, to make our paths intersect with each other. But we won't. We never will. I extend my hand as long as I could. I only need you to hold my hand. You don't. You can't. / by Galaxy

You Might Also Like

0 comments: