20 seconds,

Literary: I'm Sorry x It's Okay

3/17/2015 08:19:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



It's Okay
20 Seconds

When my mind turns
And the clock ticks
I wonder why you tricked me
And let me go

As I take a deep breath
I remember when we talked one night
That 5th of November
When everything between us was still okay

I never forget all those gentle gestures
Words we barely spoke to each other
I painted a future for us, so bright
Yet I guess those hints were not enough

You made your choice in the end
The sensation from your phrases is gone
The taste is no longer sweet
The smile from the past night has faded

You don’t need to keep me in your heart
At the back of your mind is just fine
The love we saw was something else
The mask was empty from the inside

You did not need to give me everything
I could give it all back, you just need to say
I accept your apology; it’s okay
I told you everything you need to know

I have forgiven you for leading me astray

You Might Also Like

0 comments: