aeon,

Literary (Submission): 1 Thing 2 Say 3 Words 4 You

7/18/2012 08:39:00 PM Media Center 5 Comments

It all started in October of the year 2011, when I held her hand and gazed into her hazel-coloured eyes. That was when I learned I had fallen in love with her.

We were holding each other's hands and looking into each other's eyes. I felt something, a spark, my heart skipping a beat? Until now, I am still clueless as to what it was. All I know is I've fallen for her.

Nothing lasts forever; my moment of ecstasy had ended. Our presentation was finished and we're back to our normal lives as high school students. I was smiling outside but crying inside, happy for being able to hold her hands, look into her eyes, pretend that we're a couple in front of other people... but the truth is, we're not. It was only a mere presentation and that's all it will ever be.


I found myself reminiscing. I was reliving the presentation in my mind. I want to be able to do those things with her—as a real couple. Be able to hold her hands in public, carry her belongings for her, walk her home, whisper into her ears and tell her how much I love her.

I wanted to tell her how I feel, how I treasured every moment with her, tell her how important she is to me. But I couldn't tell her, not now. I like her, but she likes someone else. She only thinks of me as a friend, nothing more.

Days passed, Christmas is approaching. It was the last day of school for that year. It was our Christmas Party. I wanted her to know how I feel, how hard I've been trying to get her to notice me. She knows I like someone. She just doesn't know that she's that girl, the girl I've fallen in love with just because of a simple presentation.

Afternoon had arrived, everyone seemed to be enjoying. Except for me. I was being torn apart by my pride and by my heart. My heart beats “go,” my pride says “no.” How could I tell her in this crowd? I couldn’t. I didn’t want to embarrass her and myself. I don't understand myself anymore. Every second seemed like a minute, sweat was slowly sliding down my cheeks, I couldn't take it anymore, I picked up my bag and as I was preparing to leave, I saw the time, 1:43pm. The whole world seemed to slow down; I felt my mind going blank.

When time resumed, I felt the tension in the atmosphere decreasing. I walked towards the door and when I was about to leave, someone called my name. A classmate asked me to wash the rag they used to wipe the tables. I did it obediently. As I was returning to the room I noticed my classmates carrying a table. I offered to carry it for them. They placed it on the floor and left. I effortlessly carried it into the room, and as I turned around... I saw her, standing beside the door.

We were alone inside, only me and her. My heart was pounding, my mind was screaming, cold sweat ran down my spine. I couldn't hold it in anymore. It pained me not being able to say it to her even though I get to see her every day. I called her by name then I asked her, "Remember the girl I've been talking about?" She nodded. Then I said to her "Well, it's you."

My stomach overturned, my mind banged against my skull, my heart was pounding against my chest, the air seemed to stand still and breathing became difficult. I saw the shocked expression on her face. I then told her "Merry Christmas." I walked away fearing what her reaction would have been if I stood there longer. (To be continued) Submitted by Aeon 

You Might Also Like

5 comments:

  1. CHA LA HEAD CHA LAJuly 18, 2012 at 9:45 PM

    UY!!! ALAM KO KUNG SINO NAGSULAT NETO! DI NAMAN MC NAGSULAT NITO EH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opo, "submission" po ito sa amin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CHA LA HEAD CHA LAJuly 18, 2012 at 9:53 PM

    pwede pala yun. ako nga rin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. uy! pamilyar ito ha. noong umpisa napapaisip pa ako sino kaya ito pero pagdating sa gitna, ahhh yun na! ikaw na! ikaw na may makabagbag-damdamin na entry. ;)

    ReplyDelete