cayenne,

Literary (Submission): Of Fate and Second Chances

8/21/2014 08:17:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments


It has been years since that day
When I confessed to you that I liked you
Fate gave me the chance I have long waited for
When you said that you liked me, too

Your precious words lit up my world
Like fireflies flashing lights in broad prairies
I don't know what to say, what to feel
But I do recognize the happiness it carries

Time passed by, we seldom talked
Colorful feelings faded to just a hue
Where was the joy I felt back then?
What happened? Were your words sincere and true?

I admit I foolishly left without a trace,
Unsure and confused, because you said you liked me
Yet you seem afraid to show what you truly feel
I hesitated, maybe I wasn't really ready

I was lost in desperation, blinded by the truth
Frantically, mistakenly searched for love
Followed never-ending pavements
But still couldn't find what I was looking for

Perhaps fate and destiny are telling me
That it can only be found in the past
Perhaps I should go back to where we were before,
Back to you, the girl I most adore

Honestly, I regret the chances I wasted
That left us both devastated
I deserve the price I have to pay
And I sincerely apologize for the mistakes I've done

A lot of suitors vied for your heart
Yet nobody could win it
I took a step, I made a move
Hoping I would be the one to get it

Fate handed me an opportunity
To ask you if we can start all over again
My heart skipped a beat when I heard you say
"My feelings are still the same."

So I promise to not waste this chance once more,
To make you smile like your worries are removed.
I will love you way better than I did before
This vow is something I will prove.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: