english,

Literary (Submission): All That Matters

2/13/2014 08:32:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments

She. She gives me my happiness. She takes it away, too. Her smile. Her smile is the cool breeze during a hot day. It's refreshing. Her laugh. Damn it. Her laugh makes me go crazy even just thinking about it.

Her antics are my favorite, though. You'd think she was just that quiet girl who kept to herself. In some ways, she is, but mostly she's that girl whom everyone loves. Her bubbly, innocent character makes guys go crazy. She can wrap anyone around her pinky just by being her cute self. She already has me wrapped around her finger, if you think about it.

The problem is exactly that. She can wrap any guy around her pinky and she already has. Many of them. We're all fighting a battle, one to a hundred (not really but that's what it feels like). It's darn frustrating to think that I will never be the only guy after her.

She seems to be unfazed by all the attention she receives. I guess that's what's so awesome about her. She doesn't take advantage of the fact that she can make us fall at her feet. She's almost perfect. Like, 99.9%

She is like the sunrise. Something I wish I could always see, but I miss it by a few hours. Minutes. Seconds. The way she makes my day with simple gestures is incredible. She is my drug. She is my elation. And I know that somehow, I am something to her and I won't let her be the one that got away, the one that I let go.

I don't want to be her cure because a cure isn't what she needs. All she really needs is a pain reliever to take away the heartbreak she didn't deserve. I want to give her the love she deserves, not the love she thinks she deserves. I want her love, too. To be frank, I need it.

She doesn't seem to notice what she does to me even though everyone else does. It pains me. Yet at the same time I sport a smile so wide I look like the Joker. (I don't know why I'm so serious [about her], but I am.) She makes my knees go weak, as if the flesh and bones had been replaced by jelly.

Ah, jelly. Another thing she makes me feel. It makes me burn with jealousy when I see her spending time with other guys, but it's not as if I can keep her from them. I made a big mistake by getting out of the line and came back to see that people have skipped in line. It leaves me waiting at the back all over again.

And honestly, I'm fine with that. As long as she's happy, I think I can be happy, too.

They say that when you fall in love, the feelings should be mutual. If the person does not like you back, you should stop liking them. But I can't seem to do that with her.

Because, in the end, all I really know is that I love her. And that's all that matters. / by Franz Candido

You Might Also Like

0 comments: