alamatngMC,

Literary (Submission): The Abridged History of Love and Rejection

6/25/2014 08:30:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments

I gazed out the window and my mind wandered as my supposed Math teacher droned on about polynomials and quadratic equations. I don't hate Math. It's just the fact that I had taken it already that makes it so boring. After all, I'm not even supposed to be here anymore. I'm here on a mission.

Last night, a potential Heartbreaker was reported to be roaming the halls of this measly high school. It wasn't the best one out there, let me tell you. But my job makes sure that every school, even the really dubious ones, is free of these wretched creatures.

Let me give you a little insight on what these Heartbreakers are. These vile forms of life are tiny little disturbances trapped into seemingly normal human beings (adolescents, mostly) as if they were a reincarnation of Pandora's box, just waiting for someone to feed on who will open them up. They usually have the characteristics of a mediocre human being but will bite when prompted to. Someone may or may not intentionally be a Heartbreaker, but one thing is for sure: their bite is the deadliest of all. It leaves others, men and women alike, barren, broken, and in need of someone to take care of them. These suckers are what we call the Heartbroken.

There is only one antidote to disentangle a Heartbroken from the spells of a Heartbreaker: Love. It is found in the distant and caliginous corners of other human beings' souls. It is usually provoked by the urge of one to help a Heartbroken. Usually, a Heartbroken is bitten a few more times before he or she finds Love, but there are extremely rare cases when one hasn't even been bitten but has found Love. Those who find Love are given a wonderful ceremony which we call a Wedding.

Then there are people like me. I am what you call a Friend. It is my duty to stop Heartbreakers from making more Heartbroken. I myself have been bitten a multitude of times but I don't take it to heart. I joined the Secret Service of Love to help others from becoming heartbroken.

The problem with youngsters nowadays is that they try to find Love in the wrong people. You see, when Love is prematurely evoked, it transforms one into a Heartbreaker or a Heartbroken. Love becomes the venom of the bite called Infatuation. Some stupidly mistake Infatuation as Love and are happy though it starts eating away at them. And the final bite is scientifically called Painus in the Anus or what we commonly call Rejection. This is when a normal person starts to transform into a Heartbreaker or a Heartbroken. If you took the bite, you are the Heartbroken. If you induced the bite, you are the Heartbreaker. Ultimately, the Heartbroken is left, well, broken, and the Heartbreaker is left satisfied but not for long. We roam the halls of high schools not only to stop Heartbreakers to make Heartbroken but to stop Heartbroken from becoming Heartbreakers.

In truth, Heartbreakers may have been Heartbroken once but are trying to find Love again. Rejection has turned them into blind and villainous Heartbreakers and only Love can free them of this mild curse. It's weird that "curse" is sometimes mistaken as "cures", the way Infatuation is mistaken as Love.

How do they find Love, you ask? It's a very complicated process, let me tell you that. It's as hard as trying to distinguish who the Heartbreaker and who the Heartbroken is before the Rejection happens. Sometimes, Heartbreakers even find love in each other. It's the same thing for the Heartbroken. It's very rare that a former Heartbroken and a former Heartbreaker find actual Love in each other, but when that happens, it gives us Friends hope that miracles can happen. Like they say, two broken pieces make a whole.

Well, my time here is soon coming to and end. I have found my Heartbreaker and my Heartbroken. I hope I don't see you becoming either of these, but we never really know, do we? / by Heartbreaker #1

You Might Also Like

0 comments: