bestie,

Literary (Submission): Was, Were, Did. Done.

1/09/2014 08:41:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments

You... were my everything. But that's exactly it. "Were."

Now, you are nothing. "We" are nothing.

I loved the way you smiled. Everybody said I changed you. From the way you talked, the way you acted. It was new. Happy. Alive in every sense of the word. I saw it, too, in your eyes. They sparkled with every smile, every laugh.

You... you loved all the cheesy stuff. Carrying my things, asking if I was okay. You were a true gentleman, to be exact. You weren't perfect. You didn't have to be. You were IDEAL.

I loved how proud you were of me. My every little success was your victory. You took joy in them. You were the epitome of my pride. I didn't need to boast. Your victorious smile was enough. Every little thing I did was a wonder to you.

You loved me; I know you did. I was every thing you ever wanted, only slightly dented. When you were with me, you smiled your best smile; you laughed your best laugh. Only when you were with me.

I sound like I'm boasting. In truth, all I ever am is missing you. You put me through a storm, no, rather, a whirlwind so strong I was carried away. You took me as I was and created someone who was strong. Someone who was sure of herself. Someone enviable. You gave me the adventure I have always vied for.

But. Everything "was" and has come to pass.

You were my everything. And that's exactly it. "Were." / by Bestie

You Might Also Like

0 comments: