collaboration,

Literary (Submission): The Story of Us

10/16/2015 10:08:00 PM Media Center 1 Comments



Let us start with you and me,
A tale of how two I’s became a we

Walking down the corridors heading to a meeting,
I had to be quick for time was fleeting,
This was not a time to tarry or be indolent,
But alas, I walked into someone, what torment!

Walking down the corridors without looking,
I didn’t even bother; I was reading,
A situation that would probably lead to an accident,
And yes, of course, I walked into someone, how excellent

It was you, my lady fair and true,
‘Twas an accident I will never rue,
For when I picked up your book and looked into your eyes,
My heart skipped a beat, you took me by surprise

It was you in that accident I never want to undo,
Out of my chest, my heart just flew,
For when you picked up my book, sparks melted the ice,
And I was falling again, I realized

You, like a statue of Greek antiquity,
Entranced me with your mesmerizing beauty,
This world painted in monochrome grisaille,
With you, became an impressionist nonpareil

The sound of your voice an enchanting melody,
Our souls and our hearts in perfect harmony,
Day by day, my feelings rose in crescendo,
Until I couldn’t keep track of my pulse’s tempo

From that point on, we’ve made so many memories,
In such a short time, we’ve created centuries

I remember our first date, officially planned,
I asked you what you wanted, your wish, my command,
You answered eating ice cream on a sidewalk would be best,
My tolerance for childishness, you did test

I remember when we roamed without aim,
“We are lost!” You did exclaim,
But it wasn’t that bad, I suppose,
For it did serve to make us more close

I remember a night beneath a starry sky,
When chilling was nature’s gusty sigh,
Each other’s warmth though kept the cold at bay,
We were together, there was nothing to say

I remember when you took my hand,
The surroundings were plain, but with you they seemed grand,
With the wind as our music, and the moon as our light,
We danced until the end of the night

I remember when you asked for help,
With schoolwork worthy of a yelp,
When you finally understood it all,
The look upon your face enthralled

I remember when I could not solve equations,
Because the world was full of evil distractions,
I turned to you and you taught me what you knew,
And to days when I’m confused I bid adieu

It feels like a dream, our being together,
Let me never awake from this sweet slumber,
You woke up my heart from its listless repose,
Thawed my whole being, from my head to my toes

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. "The Story of Us" is not like a tragedy now~♫
    I adore how descriptive and how sweet this piece is. It's the first ever article(?) I've read in this blog and I'd definitely read more.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete